Positive Subversion is looking for an assistant to the General Manager
Positive Subversion is a project management and marketing consultancy company working with a broad range of labels, artist management companies and artists on an international scope. Current clients include independent artists and labels such as Innovative Leisure, AMFM, Crosstown Rebels, Moby, Royksopp, Brownswood Recordings, Late Night Tales, and Fuego Management.
We pride ourselves in having a nuanced sense of the individual needs of each artist and label and help devise and execute overall strategies specific to the campaigns in our care.
We are a GM, an assistant, and rolodex all rolled into one. With great communication skills and a solution-based outlook, we have the necessary knowhow to build and run a team of professionals and drive successful international campaigns.
As an assistant to the General Manager, you will be responsible for providing administrative and operational support to ensure the smooth running of the company’’s day-to-day operations. You will be expected to have excellent communication and organisational skills, as well as the ability to multitask and prioritise tasks effectively. You will also be required to work closely with the team and our client base as well as the GM.
- Provide administrative support to the general manager, including scheduling meetings, taking meeting notes, managing calendars, and updating project management software tools.
- Maintain and update the company’’s databases, including artist and industry contacts, tour schedules, release schedules, and financial records.
- Coordinate with clients to ensure the timely delivery of music, videos, and other promotional materials.
- Support release activities by liaising with 3rd parties such as distributors, PR companies, media, and record labels.
- Create campaign reports and presentations.
- Keep the social media accounts of the company up to date.
- Assist with the management of artist merchandise, including inventory tracking and order fulfilment.
- Provide general office support, including managing mail, organising staff meetings and outings, and maintaining office supplies.
- Conduct research on industry trends and best practices, and provide recommendations to the general manager.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of events, including showcases, listening parties, and promotional schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in music business, marketing, or a related field.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Knowledge of project management software and platforms such as Asana, Airtable, and notion is a plus
- Knowledge of music distribution platforms such as The Orchard, FUGA, bandcamp, is an even bigger plus.
- Passion for music and the music industry, with a strong desire to learn and grow within the industry.
What we offer
- Hybrid remote / office work environment
- An entry-level position in a dynamic, forward thinking company working on a variety of campaigns and clients.
- The prospect to grow with and within the organisation.
- Salary conforming to market standards for entry-level positions.
Please send your CV with a 1-page cover letter explaining why you’d be the best addition to the team to email@example.com.
Applications will close by 26 April.